|Stock your laundry room with a few simple, natural ingredients and you can solve almost any laundering problem.
We've been using these amazing natural cleaners for years and know they work. Here are some of our favorites!
Add a cup of white vinegar to the wash water every time you wash. It helps in a number of ways, and is suitable for top and front load washers.
- Use it to help soften the water (especially in areas with hard water).
- Use it to strip residues from detergents.
- Use it to white and lighten white items.
- Use it to remove bad smells from laundry and the washing machine
Add a half cup of baking soda to the water when you wash. It helps keep whites whiter and colors brighter.
- Use it to remove bad smells from laundry
- Add it with regular laundry detergent to help boost it's cleaning power
- Use it to soften clothes naturally
Once in a while, or as needed for stains, for particularly dingy whites, lemon juice is a great whitener, and stain remover. The natural citric acid in lemons helps break down stains, but be careful - don't use it on colored items!
- Use it directly on rust spots on white clothes. Soak the rusty spot in lemon juice and leave it overnight. Then wash as usual.
- Use it to remove other stains in white clothes
- Use a paste of lemon juice and salt to remove mildew stains
- For really tough stains, apply lemon juice and let the item dry in the sun for a few hours. Lemon juice and bleach together are powerful whiteners.
- Click here to read a "how to" on naturally whitening your white towels.